Conditions were perfect on October 25th for the 10th Annual Nun Run. More than 300 riders took to the roads from Houston to Galveston, escorted by the Blue Knights. A fun-filled day was had by all, with proceeds benefiting thousands of impoverished children who seek healthcare from one of 16 CHRISTUS School-Based Clinics. Nun Run registration proceeds and donations will help provide flu vaccines, health education and screenings, as well as assist with the provision of back-to-school supplies.
Sponsor Organizations Include
- JSC Space Riders
- Retreads Motorcycle Clubs
- The Blue Knights
- Christian Motorcyclists Association
Keeping Children Healthy! Be Part of the Mission
- Last year 15,000 children received medical care from one of the many CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare programs whose mission is to Keep Children Healthy.
- CHRISTUS School-based Clinics: 16 low-income neighborhood schools provide medical care and mental health counseling services to children during the school day.
- Children who need to see a medical provider have on-campus access through the newly added tele-health program.
- CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinics: Travel to communities in greatest need, providing children with vital immunizations and important health screenings.
- CHRISTUS St. Mary’s Clinic in Houston and CHRISTUS Point of Light Clinic in Dickinson provide medical care, pediatric exams and immunizations.