About CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare
CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare (formerly St. Joseph’s Foundation) provides healthcare and social services to underserved communities of all faiths, ages and cultures.
To continue learning our story and the work we are doing in our communities, “Like Us” on our Facebook page. If you enjoyed the Throwback Thursday post, check in every Thursday for a new look at the history of CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare.
We are honored to say we had over 88,000 client visits with our seven ministries in FY2019 and are on pace to exceed those totals in FY2020. Some highlights include:
- Over 11,000 homeless encounters at CHRISTUS Our Daily Bread (Galveston), providing much needed medical assistance, two hot meals a day, access to psychological services, clothes and hygiene products.
- Administering primary healthcare, lab tests, mammograms, immunizations, and prescription
assistance through over 28,000 patient visits at CHRISTUS St. Mary’s Clinic (Houston) and CHRISTUS Point of Light (Dickinson).
- Over 12,000 visits with children within our 16 CHRISTUS School Clinics, managing ongoing conditions, attending to illness, and providing dental and mental health care – keeping students healthy and in school.
- Bringing health care to our most vulnerable community members directly in their communities with CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinic – more than 30,000 encounters in over 400 locations.
- Performing 52 facial and cleft palate surgeries on children in Monterrey, Mexico over a ten-day mission trip with a team of 21 medical volunteers through CHRISTUS Operation San José.
- 3,660 encounters through our newest ministry, CHRISTUS Learning Center, giving a new lease on life to participating students through ABE/GED, ESL and citizenship classes.