- This event has passed.
10th Annual Nun Run
October 25, 2014
It’s never too early to register for the 10th Annual Nun Run on October 25, 2014. This 50-mile, Blue Knights-escorted charity motorcycle ride from Houston to Galveston is a fun-filled day benefiting thousands of impoverished children who seek healthcare from one of 16 CHRISTUS School-Based Clinics.
All bike makes and models are welcome!
Your donation will help provide flu vaccines, health education and screenings, as well as assist with the provision of back-to-school supplies. Non-riders can participate by pledging or donating gifts in support of the adventurous nuns and riders.
Online Registration Now Open
New for 2014 — $50 Nun Run Ride Registration fee is per person and includes –
- Free admission to the August 28th Nun Run Kick-Off Party
- Commemorative Nun Run T-Shirt
- Annual Nun Run Lapel Pin
- Breakfast and Lunch, day of event
Be a Nun Run Sponsor
Sponsorships starts at only $50 and ranges to $10,000.
Nun-Run Kick-Off Party
Thursday, August 28th
6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
4400 Telephone Road
Houston, TX 77087
Nun Run Day Schedule
Saturday, October 25th, Rain or Shine
- Start at St. Austin Center
- Registration and Breakfast
- Entertainment by Easy Money
- Get Your Flu Shot! — CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinic on site
- Blessing and Kick Stands Up
- Arrive at Lone Star Flight Museum
- Lunch and Awards Party
- Happy Trails — See You Next Year!
Sponsor Organizations Include
- JSC Space Riders
- Retreads Motorcycle Clubs
- The Blue Knights
- Christian Motorcyclists Association
Keeping Children Healthy! Be Part of the Mission
- Last year 15,000 children received medical care from one of the many CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare programs whose mission is to Keep Children Healthy.
- CHRISTUS School-based Clinics: 16 low-income neighborhood schools provide medical care and mental health counseling services to children during the school day.
- Children who need to see a medical provider have on-campus access through the newly added tele-health program.
- CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinics: Travel to communities in greatest need, providing children with vital immunizations and important health screenings.
- CHRISTUS St. Mary’s Clinic in Houston and CHRISTUS Point of Light Clinic in Dickinson provide medical care, pediatric exams and immunizations.